Friday, June 26, 2009

Fashionable Find


Since I’m checking out local retail all of the time, I frequently come across fantastic items—far too many to fit in my blog every week, but I try to feature them as often as I can!
J. Kinney always puts a smile on my face when I walk in. Maybe it’s because of the cheerful green walls or the smell of fresh flowers. Nah, I think it’s because of little Iris, her kitty that saunters through the store, that makes me feel at home.
One of my favorite items from J. Kinney (that I’ve featured in the magazine before) is her OilCloth goods. These durable, wipe-clean items like lunch bags, tablecloths and tote bags are fantastic for toting lunch to work, decorating a drab ol’ picnic table in the park or transporting your favorite Concerts on the Square fixins’.
Owner Jane Kinney tells me that the company found a number of old copper print rolls in Mexico from the 1930s and most of the designs are reproduced vintage designs from those rolls. Cool! OilCloth stuff ranges from $12–$35.

J. Kinney, 1835 Monroe St. 255-7500. Jkinneyflorist.com

No comments: