Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Buy of the Week


I heart the Marc by Marc Jacobs store in Bucktown. It’s got a nice range of price points (everything from $5 jewelry up to thousand-dollar handbags) and carries urban, yet feminine looks (they carry men’s items, too). Items that can be mixed and matched, like a sequined zip-up paired with this spring’s drapey, deconstructed pants, or a cute ruffled top paired with skinny jeans and heels. I could build a whole dream wardrobe out of pieces by Marc by Marc Jacobs (locally, Marc by Marc Jacobs is sold on shopbop.com, FYI).

Don’t get me started on the handbags: my current handbag is a quilted raspberry oversize pocketbook style that looks eerily similar to his quilted “Bonnie” in fuchsia (that retails for $1,300). Oh, Marc, can’t you make your handbags more affordable than $1,300?! His current crop of spring handbags ring in at (um, a bit more) affordable ($400+) and are patent leather satchels and hobos in sunny yellow, beautiful navy and cool gray.

Since I’m not holding my breath that I’m going to win the lottery or a cash prize of any sort soon, I settled on some cheap and chic bangles ($5 apiece! see image) from Mr. Jacobs on my store visit. They’re perfect for this spring’s rocker glam look that’s still en vogue. I also snagged a cute silver necklace with a key charm.

Now if I just could’ve picked up that gold clutch dotted with pyramid studs I would’ve really been rocking … alas, another time!

Marc by Marc Jacobs, 1714 N. Damen Ave. 773-276-2998.

No comments: