Thursday, May 1, 2008

New Store Opening! I've Got the Exclusive

My friend Kristin Wild is opening Atticus, a brand new women’s and men’s apparel store on the Capitol Square at 18 N. Carroll St. Wild has worked in retail, most recently as a buyer in Madison as well as in the New York retail world. I spoke with Wild to get a few details on her new boutique, which is slated to open May 10.

What will Atticus sell?
I wanted it to be very relevant to everyday life in Madison. I’ll have clothing you can wear to work, or if you have a day off, you can wear it, too. It will be everything, really.
It’s mostly up-and-coming designers or fusion lines from designers that have been around awhile. For example, if it’s a designer known for dressier clothing, I’m carrying their more casual line.
For women I’m carrying Acne Jeans, Kerrigan, Loeffler Randall, Trovata and Charlotte Ronson. For men I’ll have Loomstate, Relwen and Simon Miller. (Editor’s note: Wild will sell more lines than just these.)

Green is big now. Will you be carrying any green lines?
There will be seven lines I have that are either eco friendly, environmentally conscious, organic or socially conscious. For the socially conscious lines, some of the profit goes to various charities. All of the lines will have a tag on them explaining to customers why it’s eco friendly or socially conscious.

What is the store’s “look” in a sentence or two?
Industrial meets classic. The fixtures are more industrial; there’s silver steel and exposed ductwork. Once everything’s done, I want it to be a warm, inviting environment.

What will your price point be?
It’s a broad range. $50–$250, on average. Accessories, handbags and scarves will probably run $20–$200. Apothecary (brands include Kai and Malin+Goetz) will run $10–$50.

Atticus
18 N. Carroll St. 204-9001.

No comments: